Friday, December 28, 2012


Obamacare As A Verb
I am not a thing – a noun. I seem to be a verb.
Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983),  philosopher, systems theorist, archictect, and inventor
December 28, 2012
When it comes right down to health reform,
I am unequivocally, irrevocably,indisputably not a noun.
I am not a bureaucracy, agency,  payment board,
commission,  department, or government thing.
I do not believe in top-down
command and control as nouns

or those  other  government nouns -
compliance, regulations, rules, and re-regulations,
electronic health or medical records, data, checklists,
algorithms, procedures, and SGR formulae,
As Holy Grails without fail.
I do not like physician dictates or berates.
or Washington  elitist wisdom
 over patient common sense.
Instead, I think of reform as a verb,
to persuade, incent, and inspire.

to innovate before it's too late,
to set doctors and patients on fire,

to bring them closer together,
to think, to improve, to aim higher,
to balance data aggregation and intuition,
to have patients and doctors know true cost of things,
to have patients account for their own savings.

to set money aside for retirement and IRAs.
to decide wht to do based on  judgment
to make personal choices rather than
to rely on Washington invoices.
Reform should not a government noun.
Reform should be a  personal verb.

No comments: